Task One - Declutter

Tuesday, April 9, 2024 

I've been working with a home school mom coach for a while now and I'm going to start documenting my work with this coach so you get a sense of what I'm doing with this coach.  I'm also working with a charter school to do my homeschooling and I'll document my experience with the charter school.

Tomorrow I'll tell my children that I'm going to be doing a declutter project which will require them to be more independent with their lessons while I work on the project.  I'll be working on this list of achievements:

1) clear out the front room so that I can successfully photography the set of bedroom furniture and sell or off load it.

2) store the Lego collection so that it and be sorted and used at a later time (bins and storage containers in the garage or in children's closets)

3) bring the teens computer desk and computer down to the front room so that his school work and gaming can be in public for observation purposes.  This will be the start of a family computing area where all family commuting will be in one place.  Eventually the smallest kid and parents will all compute in this same area.

4) move the television and most of the sectional sofa to the front room so that the sewing area can move to the den area for ease in organization for the sewing supplies and creation station.

5) park both cars in the garage and organize the contents of the third bay of the garage.

Decluttering is goal I've had for a long time but I'll be using a new method to achieve this goal.  I'll be doing x number of minutes on the goal and then a small break and then another block of minutes to work on it again until the goal is completed.  I'll work on this goal day after day until it is done.  As a reward I'll allow myself breaks that include sewing on my project list which brings me great joy.   

Simultaneously I'll also work on each zone in my planner to keep up the house but I'll work really hard to delegate the tasks for these zones to the rest of the family so the pleasure of keeping home is an experience that we all have.

Once the five step declutter goal is complete I'll focus on decluttering in the zone schedule.  

Comments

Popular Posts